- Senior Manager
Melanie began her career with the BMSS team in 2005 as an intern. Now, as a senior manager, her focus is on providing tax compliance, planning and consulting services to clients in a variety of industries. She has had the opportunity to work with multi-state corporations, various institutional nonprofit organizations, credit unions and individuals with international assets.
Melanie attributes her success to being detailed, objective and thorough. She also has a supportive husband who doesn’t mind pitching in on household chores. Melanie’s passion for accounting comes from her love for a great challenge.
Melanie grew up in Auburn, Alabama, and met her husband at Auburn University. She and her husband currently reside in Trussville and have two children. In her free time, Melanie enjoys camping with her family at nearby Alabama state parks and traveling to national parks.
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration in Accountancy, 2005, summa cum laude
- Master of Accountancy, 2006
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- First Baptist Church of Trussville
- ASCPA Leadership Academy, Inaugural Class (2011-2012)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)