At BMSS, we recognize the many things that make financial institutions unique. The value we can provide to our clients is demonstrated through our long-term relationships, caring and thoughtful guidance and technical expertise. We are committed to assist our clients on compliance with the IRS as well as federal and state regulations in order to help each institution best serve their members. Service is not just a word for our team. Service is our work in action.
Oct 05, 2022 Changes to Form 1099-K Reporting for 2022
Oct 05, 2022 Your Alabama Unclaimed Property Report is Due November 1, 2022
Sep 21, 2022 IRS Offers Late Portability Election Relief to Estates
How Do We Serve This Industry?
- Conduct opinion audits
- Consult for changes in accounting issues, mergers and valuations
- Provide agreed-upon procedures for supervisory/audit committee, Bank Secrecy Act and ACH exams
- Conduct Employee Benefit Plan Audits
- IRS reporting: federal and state tax returns, Form 990, Form 990-T, tax notices and other filings
Services We Provide
BMSS works with over 25 institutions from $3 million to over $1 billion in assets.
We serve clients in Alabama and the Southeast.
We are experts in Unrelated Business Income Taxation.
- Involvement in local industry chapter meetings
- League of Southeastern Credit Unions
- BDO Financial Institution Industry Group
- Northeast Alabama Chapter of Credit Unions
- Shoals Chapter of Credit Unions