Jake joined BMSS in 2015 and primarily works with governments, nonprofit organizations, and employee benefit plans. Jake is Yellowbook certified and has experience with both single audit and FAR requirements.
Prior to joining BMSS, Jake worked for a local accounting firm, providing both audit and tax services. He attributes much of his success to his determination and desire for quality work. Jake’s favorite quote is “There is no honor in mediocrity. Honor can only be attained through excellence.” He likes this quote because it reminds him to always put forth his best work in everything he does.
Jake grew up in Union Grove and now resides in Hoover. Jake enjoys reading and owns hundreds of books. He also enjoys running.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Master of Accountancy
- Huntingdon College
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with an Emphasis in Economics
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Huntingdon Alumni Association
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)