Government & Municipalities
Governmental agencies and municipalities face unique challenges when it comes to financial reporting. With the general public observing your every move, we understand just how important sound financial reporting can be in establishing and maintaining credibility with those you serve. We work with clients to maintain proper internal controls and provide insight and constructive suggestions that can result in improved operations and accounting procedures. Our team of professionals will provide you with a knowledge-based perspective on trends, opportunities, issues and regulations that frame our innovative approach as we address your needs and leverage your capabilities and resources to reduce costs.Download Brochure
How Do We Serve This Industry?
- Financial Statement Audits
- Assistance with bond issuance information requests
- Yellow Book Audits, Single Audits and Compliance Audits (including FAR)
- Assisting in implementation of new GASB Standards
- Fraud prevention and internal control assessments
Services We Provide
Our governmental audit team has experience in auditing governmental entities with component units and multiple proprietary funds.
We provide audits for three of the 25 largest cities in the state of Alabama.
The first audit that our firm ever performed was an audit of a local governmental entity. More than 20 years later, they are still a loyal client.
- AICPA Governmental Audit Quality Center
- Governmental Finance Officers Association
- Governmental Accounting Standards Board