Michael BrandCPA, CGMA
Known as a nationally acclaimed, accounting industry expert and speaker, Michael (Mike) has been involved in all aspects of public accounting, with an emphasis in providing accounting, auditing and review services to clients in the for-profit, nonprofits and governmental sectors.
He is also involved in various committees at both the state and national levels. He is a former member of the American Institute of CPAs (AICPA) Professional Ethics Executive Committee, is the past chair of the AICPA’s Accounting and Review Services Committee and the Alabama Society of CPA’s Peer Review Committee and is the current Chair for the ASCPA. Furthermore, Mike teaches continuing education classes across the country for state societies and individual firms and has received the AICPA’s Outstanding Discussion Leader Award multiple times along with the ASCPA’s Thomas A. Ratcliffe Outstanding Discussion Leader Award.
In addition to teaching, Mike regularly speaks at conferences nationwide and in various other countries. He conducts peer reviews across the United States and was formerly on the Peer Review Board, Joint Trial Board, and Quality Control Standards Task Force of the AICPA. He is the current co-chair of the Engage Conference (the AICPA’s largest conference held over multiple days with thousands of attendees).
- University of North Alabama
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1989
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Current co-chair of the Engage Conference (AICPA’s largest conference)
- Past member of the Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Past chair of the Accounting and Review Services Committee
- Past member of Quality Control Standards Task Force
- Peer Review Board
- Past member
- Joint Trial Board
- Past member
- Full Tummy Project of Athens and Limestone County
- Board of Directors
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- AICPA Outstanding Facilitator (multi-time winner)
- ASCPA Thomas A. Ratcliffe Outstanding Discussion Leader Award
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)