Michael BrandCPA, CGMA
Known as a nationally acclaimed, accounting industry expert and speaker, Michael (Mike) has been involved in all aspects of public accounting, with an emphasis in providing accounting, auditing and review services to clients in the for-profit, nonprofits and governmental sectors.
He has also been involved in various committees at both the state and national levels. He is currently a member of the American Institute of CPA’s (AICPA) PCPS Technical Issues Committee and is a former member of the AICPA’s Professional Ethics Executive Committee, Peer Review Board, Joint Trial Board, and Quality Control Standards Task Force. Additionally, Mike has served as the past chair of the AICPA’s Accounting and Review Services Committee, the Alabama Society of CPAs (ASCPA) as well as the ASCPA’s Peer Review Committee.
In addition to teaching, Mike regularly speaks at conferences nationwide and in various other countries. He conducts peer reviews across the United States and was formerly on the Peer Review Board, Joint Trial Board, and Quality Control Standards Task Force of the AICPA. He is the current co-chair of the Engage Conference (the AICPA’s largest conference held over multiple days with thousands of attendees).
- University of North Alabama
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting, 1989
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Current co-chair of the Engage Conference (AICPA’s largest conference)
- Past member of the Professional Ethics Executive Committee
- Past chair of the Accounting and Review Services Committee
- Past member of Quality Control Standards Task Force
- Peer Review Board
- Past member
- Joint Trial Board
- Past member
- Full Tummy Project of Athens and Limestone County
- Board of Directors
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- AICPA Outstanding Facilitator (multi-time winner)
- ASCPA Thomas A. Ratcliffe Outstanding Discussion Leader Award
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)