Our goal is to strengthen and enhance your client services through quality control recommendations and the sharing of best practices.
The AICPA Bylaws state that if you are an AICPA member active in the practice of public accounting, provide services within the scope of the peer review standards and issue reports in accordance with AICPA professional standards, you must be associated with a firm that participates in AICPA-approved practice monitoring. Additionally, even if you are not an AICPA member, most licensing jurisdictions require peer review for licensure. Peer reviews are required to help maintain the quality of the accounting and auditing services while also helping to improve the quality of those engagements.
Feb 08, 2023 OFCCP Compliance Reviews for Government Contractors: Do You Know What to Expect?
Feb 08, 2023 Reporting a Change in Responsible Party: What It Means for Your Tax-exempt Organization
Feb 08, 2023 Potential Tax Benefits of Distributions in 2023 for Trusts and Estates
How We Serve
- Work with your firm to help improve your audit and accounting practice through an effective and quality review
- Help determine whether your firm needs an engagement or system review
- Work with your firm through any implementation plans or follow-up actions
- Provide guidance on what engagements are subject to peer review
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations on your firm’s system of quality control
Services We Provide
- System peer reviews on our firm’s system of quality control
- Engagement reviews for firms who do not provide audit services
- Industry-specific team members in “must select” peer review areas
- Guidance through any oversight and acceptance issues
- Annual inspections for firms who already have a peer reviewer
Michael Brand, CPA, CGMA has been a peer review leader for over 20 years. He is an internationally renowned speaker, former chair of ASCPA peer review committee, current Report Acceptance Body (RAB) member and has taught peer review courses for ASCPA and AICPA throughout the U.S. as well as in Lebanon.
BMSS has conducted peer reviews for single-office sole proprietors all the way to multi-office multiple-partner firms. The firm has significant experience in most services including employee benefit plans, SOC reporting, government auditing standards, single audits and numerous other specialized services and industries.
Did you know?
Firms that are members of either the EBAQC or the GAQC are required to have their review performed by a firm that is also a member of that Audit Quality Center? Center member firms have to meet specific requirements annually to retain membership.
- AICPA Center for Audit Quality
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Private Companies Practice Section