Scott StevensCPA, CGMA
- Riverchase Birmingham
Scott joined BMSS in 2000. As a member, he is responsible for assurance, consulting and internal auditing for clients in the credit union, technology and manufacturing industries. As one of the firm’s thought leaders, he has been heavily involved in presenting and facilitating the annual BMSS Credit Union Roundtable. Oftentimes you’ll find Scott at chapter meetings for local credit unions, as well as the annual League of Southeastern Credit Unions conferences.
With over 20 years of experience in his field, Scott has helped clients understand complex accounting by explaining the issue in terms they are able to fully understand. He chose to go into accounting because, by nature, accounting spans all fields allowing accountants to pick and choose the industries that they find most intriguing.
Born in Birmingham, Scott now lives in Vestavia Hills with his wife, Shelley, and their son. He enjoys golf (boasting a single-digit handicap), traveling, and music in his free time.
- Stephen F. Austin State University
- Master of Professional Accountancy
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- League of Southeastern Credit Unions
- University of Alabama at Birmingham Accounting Advisory Board
- Haven Field Community Church
- Stephen F. Austin State University Alumni Association
- Beta Alpha Psi
- 1st to receive Master of Accountancy from Stephen F. Austin State University
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Alabama
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)