Employee Benefit Plan Audits
BMSS offers you an engagement team that is a consistent presence year after year, efficient with its work and committed to providing an audit experience that will leave you eager to do it all again. We don’t bring stress and complexities; we bring fresh ideas and enhanced efficiencies. Our professionals receive specific annual training in employee benefit plan audits and will help you understand your plan, determine the most streamlined audit process tailored to your plan and offer recommendations for improvement. In addition to meeting your federal reporting obligations and helping to identify issues that could lead to non-compliance penalties, an employee benefit plan (EBP) audit helps provide you and your employees with the peace of mind that the funds will be available and that your plan future is secure.Download Brochure
Feb 08, 2019 Just in Case There's Another Government Shutdown...
Jan 29, 2019 How Wayfair Could Impact Your Business
Nov 26, 2018 BMSS Joins Forces with Hall Albright Garrison & Barnes
- Work with human resources and accounting departments to develop internal controls and policies and procedures related to retirement plans
- Guide clients through ERISA compliance matters
- Full Scope Audits of Qualified Plans
- Work with clients through DOL and IRS correction programs
- Provide assurance that the plan is acting in accordance with the legal plan document
Services We Provide
- Limited Scope of audits of qualified plans
- Assistance with regulatory examinations
- Preparation and filings of form 5500
- Service organization control audit engagements
Our audit experience includes defined benefit and profit sharing plans, 401(k), money purchase pension plans and ESOP.
We provide EBP audits for companies that range from 100 employees up to 5,000 employees.
Professional Relationships with BMSS
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan audit Quality Center
- AICPA Center for Audit Quality
- Alabama Profit Sharing Council
- Society for Human Resource Management