We realize that an estate plan is more than tax minimization strategies – it is planning to pass your legacy to your loved ones according to your unique needs and wishes. We have assembled a team with extensive experience, expertise and insight to provide you peace of mind through the complex and personal process of estate planning. Effective estate planning is built upon a multidisciplinary approach and is not an isolated one-time event. Updating your estate plan is just as important as creating one. It is a continual process to assist you in ensuring that your legacy remains viable long into the future. This is exactly why we provide personal service and a thoughtful team approach by collaborating with all of your advisors including your attorney, financial advisor, insurance provider, trust officer, and others to preserve your short and long-term goals. In the end, our goal is to ensure that your estate planning goals are fulfilled in the most tax efficient manner possible.Download Brochure
Feb 08, 2019 Just in Case There's Another Government Shutdown...
Jan 29, 2019 How Wayfair Could Impact Your Business
Nov 26, 2018 BMSS Joins Forces with Hall Albright Garrison & Barnes
How We Serve
- Collaborate with your advisors to develop your comprehensive wealth preservation and transfer plan
- Compliance for estate, gift and income taxes to minimize overall liabilities for the family unite
- Provide accounting assistance to follow through with executor and trustee fiduciary responsibilities
- Charitable and philanthropic planning, including charitable trusts and family foundations
- Assist with selection of trustees, guardians and personal representatives
Services We Provide
- Business succession planning
- Asset protection planning
- Review estate planning agreements
- Philanthropic gift planning
- Tax planning and compliance
In addition to the CPA designation, our estate and trust advisors hold the Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®), Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) and Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) designations.
Since launching our estate and trust planning practice in 1997, we have worked with estates that range from $1 million up to $200 million in assets.
Professional Relationships with BMSS
- Estate Planning Council of Birmingham
- National Association of Estate Planners & Councils
- Financial Planning Association
- AICPA Personal Financial Planning Section
- Alabama Planned Giving Council