Stephen Von HagelCPA, CGMA
Stephen joined the BMSS team in 2009 and has over 15 years of public accounting experience. Referred to as “SVH” by his colleagues, he specializes in audit and assurance services, including financial statement audits, reviews and compilation services, as well as outsourced controller and accounting services.
People describe him as a team member who cares about the people he is working with and for. Stephen also has a humorous side and is down to earth. These attributes help create highly personable client experiences. Given the intensive nature of Stephen’s work, being personable is a much-needed skill to help move along an otherwise daunting process. He attributes his success to his parents and education.
Stephen lives in Vestavia with his wife, Tonya, and their three daughters. He and his wife met while attending school at the University of Alabama. He and his family love to go on fun family vacations and spend time together. Stephen also enjoys coaching his daughters in youth sports.
- University of Alabama
- Master of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Alabama Utility Contractors Association (AUCA)
- American Cancer Society Central Alabama Board of Directors
- 2015 National Academy of Public Accounting Professionals (NAPAP) Top 10 Public Accounting Professional Rising Stars for Alabama
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)