Stephen Von HagelCPA, CGMA
- Senior Manager
- Riverchase Birmingham
Stephen joined the BMSS team in 2009 and has over 13 years of public accounting experience. Called “SVH” by his colleagues, he specializes in audit and assurance services including financial statement audits, reviews and compilation services, as well as outsourced controller and accounting services.
People describe him as a team member who cares about the people he is working with and for. He also has a humorous side and is down-to-earth. These attributes allow for a much more personable experience. Given the intensive nature of Stephen’s work, being personable is a much-needed skill to help move an otherwise daunting process along. He attributes his success to his parents and education.
Stephen lives in Gardendale with his wife, Tonya, and their three daughters. He and his wife met while attending school at the University of Alabama. He and his family love to go on fun family vacations and spend time together. He also enjoys coaching his daughters in youth sports and serves his church as chairman of the finance council.
- University of Alabama
- Master of Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce & Business Administration
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Alabama Utility Contractors Association (AUCA)
- 2015 NAPAP Top 10 Public Accounting Professional Rising Stars for Alabama
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)