Mark UnderhillCPA, CM&AA, CVGA, CAIM
Mark joined BMSS in 2009 and, as a Member, he leads the firm’s transaction advisory services practice which focuses on both buy-side and sell-side transactions and advising owners on creating value within their businesses. He is also an active member in the firm’s tax department where he serves clients in the industries of private equity, technology, manufacturing and distribution, real estate, and entertainment. Mark specializes in mergers and acquisitions, tax planning, consulting, and compliance for large multi-state companies, partnerships and S corporations, 1031 like-kind exchanges and Opportunity Zones.
Over the years, Mark has helped his clients restructure their organizations for increased profitability, maximize their value, and advise clients through mergers and acquisitions. His entrepreneurial spirit, technical skills and determination have shaped Mark into the professional he is today.
Mark was born and raised in the Birmingham area. After graduating from the University of Alabama, Mark returned to the Birmingham area and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Kayla, and their three children. He and his wife are active members of Hunter Street Baptist Church. In his free time, Mark enjoys hunting, fishing and golfing.
- University of Alabama
- Master of Tax Accounting, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, 2008
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- 2016 Birmingham Business Journal “Rising Stars in Accounting”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA)
- Certified Value Growth Advisor (CVGA)
- Certified Acquisition Integration Manager (CAIM)