- Senior Manager
Mark joined BMSS in 2009 and currently serves as a senior manager in the tax department. He serves clients in the industries of real estate, technology, private equity, entertainment, manufacturing and distribution. Mark specializes in tax planning, consulting and compliance for large multi-state companies, mergers and acquisitions, Partnerships and S Corporations, 1031 like-kind exchanges and Opportunity Zones. Outside of his client responsibilities, Mark serves as the firm’s Tax Technology and Software leader.
Over the years, Mark has helped his clients restructure their organizations for increased profitability. Additionally, he has advised clients on mergers and acquisitions, like-kind exchanges and other tax planning opportunities providing for the deferral of gains and tax savings for clients. His entrepreneurial spirit, technical skills and determination have shaped Mark into the professional he is today.
Mark was born and raised in the Birmingham, Alabama, area. After graduating from the University of Alabama, Mark returned to the Birmingham area and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Kayla, and their three children. He and his wife are active members of Hunter Street Baptist Church. In his free time, Mark enjoys hunting, fishing and golfing.
- University of Alabama
- Master of Tax Accounting, 2009
- Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration, 2008
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Alliance of Merger & Acquisition Advisors (AM&AA)
- Accounting Alumni Young Professionals Board
- 2016 Birmingham Business Journal “Rising Stars in Accounting”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)