- Senior Manager
Kate joined BMSS in 2009 as an intern and currently serves as a senior manager specializing in reviews, compilations and multi-state tax returns. She primarily works with general contractors, subcontractors, manufacturers and restaurants. She also has experience with travel agencies and various other service providers.
Kate attributes her success to her faith in God as well as her driven and goal-oriented personality. She was interested in going into accounting because she likes the idea of helping small business owners be successful.
Kate grew up as an “Army brat” and moved eight times before she graduated high school in Germany. Her experiences as a child have helped her learn to adapt and thrive in new and different situations. Kate currently resides in Birmingham and enjoys the revitalization that is going on in the city. She also enjoys hiking, spending time outdoors, traveling the world and being a member of Redeemer Community Church in Avondale.
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, 2009
- Bachelor of Arts, German, 2009
- Master of Accountancy, 2010
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- National Association of Women in Construction (NAWIC)
- NAWIC Birmingham Chapter, 2019-2020 Board of Directors
- NAWIC Birmingham Chapter, 2020-2021 Treasurer
- NAWIC Birmingham Chapter, 2021-2022 Treasurer
- Redeemer Community Church
- A Birmingham Business Journal Rising Star in Accounting, 2017
- 2019 40 Under 40 in Commercial Construction by the Alabama Associated General Contractors and Business Alabama
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)