Trae ZablanCPA, CGMA, CM&AA
- Senior Manager
Trae joined BMSS in 2017. Prior to joining BMSS, he worked for two CPA firms performing tax and audit work. His primary duties at BMSS include audits, compilations and reviews for a variety of clients, including manufacturing and not-for-profits. Trae is also involved in the transaction advisory niche and assists buyers and sellers through the process. He is also the Accountability Person for the firm’s Technology & Software niche.
Described as hard-working and dedicated, Trae was drawn to the accounting profession because it offered him a way to make a positive impact in clients’ lives, starting with their business or personal finances. His favorite quote is “I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome he world. (John 16:33)” It reminds him that, even when this earthly life consists of various trials, for Christians, we are able to walk through it with peace and purpose.
Having grown up in Dallas, Georgia, Trae now lives in downtown Birmingham with his wife, Shea, and their Goldendoodle, Beau. He loves living in Birmingham and watching all of the new businesses and restaurants moving into the area. While in college, he played soccer and still enjoys playing the sport in addition to running and working out.
- Shorter University
- Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Birmingham Venture Club Member
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Certified Merger & Acquisition Advisor (CM&AA)