Don MurphyCPA, CGMA
Don is a founding member of BMSS and is the firm’s current managing member. Apart from managing the firm, Don performs audit and accounting, tax planning and consulting services for clients primarily in construction, manufacturing and distribution, transportation, entertainment and closely held companies. Outside of his client responsibilities, Don is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the firm, including visioneering and leading the firm.
When Don decided on accounting as his field, he was looking for a profession in which he could be an owner, or a profession that would prepare him to be an owner. He wanted to be in a position to help people and their business relationships develop. Don co-founded BMSS in the hopes to do something different, to find a better way to build a firm and provide accounting services. He and his co-founders were young and hopeful with strong ideas that have materialized.
Don resides in Columbiana with his wife, Sandy, and their four children. He is a member of Cornerstone Church.
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Board Member of Turning Hearts Ministry
- Board Member of Orthomolecular Products, Inc.
- Board Member of Landmark Events
- Auburn Alumni Association
- Cornerstone Church
- Birmingham Business Journal “Who’s Who in Law and Accounting”
- Birmingham Business Journal “Who’s Who in Construction”
- One of only five accountants named to the “Power Book” and “Most Influential List” by the Birmingham Business Journal
- Birmingham Business Journal “CEO of the Year”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Global Management Accountant (CGMA)