Patrick joined BMSS as a senior accountant in 2001 and has worked his way up to his current position as member. He primarily assists clients with audits, reviews, compilations, AUPs and consulting. Patrick’s experience includes working with government and nonprofit entities, employee benefit plans and manufacturing and construction companies. He regularly presents financial statements and other reports to business owners and boards of directors.
With over 20 years of accounting experience, Patrick attributes much of his success to his great clients, as well as to the time spent developing mentorships with other members in the firm.
Patrick was inspired to go into accounting by Dr. Ratcliffe at Troy University, who always had a way of making accounting students feel like the “cool” kids. Patrick’s favorite book is Band of Brothers because “trust and accountability were on display through every mission.”
Patrick grew up in Greenville, Alabama, and currently resides in Hoover with his wife, Bennett, and their two sons. He enjoys spending time with his family, hunting and fishing.
- Troy University
- Master of Business Administration, Accounting, 1999
- Bachelor of Science, 1998
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- Government Financial Officers Association
- Alabama Association of Nonprofits
- Homewood Chamber of Commerce Member
- Troy University Accounting Hall of Fame
- Birmingham Business Journal “Top 40 under 40”
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)