Clay joined the firm in 2021 and currently serves as a manager in the Riverchase office. He specializes in accounting and auditing services, including financial statement audits, reviews and compilations for construction, manufacturing and nonprofit industries. Clay is also Yellowbook certified and has experience with single audits required by the Uniform Guidance.
Prior to joining BMSS, Clay worked for a local accounting firm, where he provided both assurance and tax services. Described as hardworking and dedicated, he was first inspired to pursue accounting by his parents, who encouraged and believed in him, and to whom he attributes much of his current success in the field.
A lifelong Alabama resident, Clay grew up in Auburn and now lives in Birmingham with his wife, Brittney and their dog, Roxie. In his free time, Clay enjoys DIY projects, fishing, hunting, golfing and supporting Auburn football.
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accountancy
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management
- Auburn Alumni Association
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- American Institute Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)