Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith has worked extensively clients in the transportation industry since the formation of our firm.
Our knowledge comes from team members’ years of experience directly in your industry, focused continuing education and successful consulting with similar businesses. We are passionate about helping you succeed.
Through our active involvement in industry organizations, we obtain a real understanding of key issues that affect your business.
We go far beyond the accounting and tax services a typical CPA firm might offer, we focus on providing value-added services.
- Advised how to better track costs by truck – allowing you to make decisions when to replace trucks
- Develop systems to help better manage cash flow
- Multi-state tax issues
- Review financial statements with clients and perform quarterly reviews
- Review track leases vs. purchasing trucks
- Succession and continuity planning
- Work to reduce costs in areas such as worker’s compensation and insurance
BMSS Transportation Group
Steve Smith and his wife, Robin, are parents of three daughters - Jessica, Lauren and Molly. Steve is a Member of the firm and joined... read more
"Prompt, professional, personal"