The Opportunity Zone program provides major tax incentives to foster investment and growth in over 8,700 federally designated areas across the country. This program allows taxpayers to re-invest capital gains into Opportunity Funds that subsequently invest in businesses and property in these low-income rural and urban areas. This program has specific requirements to ensure compliance and BMSS has the experience and knowledge to help.
We Are Prepared to Assist You With:
- Advising on entity structure
- Tax compliance
- Tax planning
- Analysis of gain deferral
Program Incentives Include:
- Deferral of original capital gains
- Up to 15% exclusion from tax on original deferred gain
- Permanent exclusion of future appreciation for investments held 10 years
If you’d like to get regular updates on Opportunity Zones, complete the form below to sign up.