“Do great work in an efficient manner to add value.”
Tyler joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2011 and currently serves as a manager. Specifically, he works on financial statement audits for clients in various industries, including financial services, not-for-profit, manufacturing, wholesale and retail.
Tyler has more than six years of experience in the accounting field. He was drawn to the profession by his accounting professor at Auburn University. Tyler has a passion for working with the next generation of accountants. He serves as one of the firm’s recruiters. In addition, he speaks at Auburn University’s Beta Alpha Psi accounting organization about achieving work/life balance. Tyler credits his innovative thinking, hard work and faith in God for his professional and personal successes.
Tyler grew up in Chelsea, Alabama and currently resides in Auburn with his wife and four children. He enjoys studying the Bible, watching and coaching sports, and playing guitar.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- AICPA Leadership Academy
- Chelsea High School Valedictorian, class of 2005
- University of Alabama, Masters of Accountancy, 2011
- Auburn University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, Accounting, 2009, cum laude