“Think like the business owner.”
Ross joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 1995. He is currently in charge of the firm’s Tax Practice. He specializes in tax planning and business consulting for closely held businesses, and, in particular, federal and state income taxation as well as the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Ross has experience working with clients in construction, engineering and real estate industries.
Ross has over 20 years in the accounting profession. He attributes his success to his consistency and dedication, as well as his ability to learn from others. Ross was inspired to go into accounting because it was the most disciplined of the business majors.
Raised in Dothan, Ross now resides in Vestavia Hills with his wife, Jessica, and their three sons. In his free time, he enjoys hunting, attending his children’s sporting events and cheering on Auburn’s football team.
- Certified Public Accountant, CPA
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- American Council of Engineering Companies of Alabama
- Alabama Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers (affiliate)
- Auburn Alumni Association
- Birmingham Business Journal “Top 40 under 40”
- Auburn University
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration (Accounting)
- Master of Accountancy