Myra joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 1997 and serves as a member. She concentrates her practice in tax planning and compliance for high net worth individuals and businesses. She is also responsible for international tax planning and compliance for clients with non-U.S. structures. Myra and the BMSS team have assisted many clients in navigating through the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs (OVDP).
Myra specializes in consulting and assisting clients with succession planning, as well as focusing on estate and trust planning and estate administration services. She provides business valuations services, which are commonly required in conjunction with the purchase, sale or transition of businesses, estate and gift tax planning, and initial public offerings.
With more than 30 years of accounting and tax compliance experience, Myra has a thorough understanding of what it takes to help her clients reach their goals and minimize tax for the family unit. Furthermore, she assists clients in meeting their philanthropic goals through the establishment of public and private tax-exempt charitable entities.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Accredited Estate Planner (AEP®)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- National Association of Accredited Estate Planners
- Estate Planning Council – Birmingham Chapter
- Alabama Planned Giving Council
- Alabama Law Institute
- Principal and Income Act Committee
- Alabama Probate Code Committee
- Royal Society of Fellows
- American Institute on Federal Taxation
- Board of Trustees
- University of Alabama Alumni Association
- Woman to Watch 2016, Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants
- University of Alabama, Bachelor of Science, Commerce and Business Administration
- Cannon Financial Institute Trust Tax School, Honor Graduate