“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Margaret Morrison joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2017. She is currently a Senior Manager serving in the Tax Department. She is responsible for tax preparation and review for individuals, trusts, private foundations, and small businesses; retirement plan administration and consulting.
She is best known for being detail-oriented and for using her common sense. She uses these traits to make sure the client is provided for in the best possible manner. Margaret believes that actions speak louder than words and that her job is not complete until the client feels satisfied.
Margaret currently lives in Madison with her husband, Malcolm. They are members of Faith Presbyterian Church in Huntsville where they work with the elementary Sunday school children and where Margaret is the treasurer. In her spare time, she enjoys hiking, riding on motorcycles, birdwatching, coin collecting, and origami.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- International Society of Certified Employee Benefit Specialists (ISCEBS)
- American Society of Pension Professionals and Actuaries (ASPPA)
- State University of New York at Albany- Master of Science in Accounting
- Union College- Masters of Science in Pure Mathematics