“I try to treat each client as though they are part of my family.”
Kim joined Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith in 2005. As a senior tax manager, she serves a variety of clients, ranging from small, closely-held businesses to large corporations. Kim’s specialty is in the state and local tax area, which includes large multi-state companies, business licenses, unclaimed property, sales/use taxes and ad valorem taxes. She also has experience in the Research & Development (R&D) Tax Credit.
Her colleagues and clients would describe Kim as hard working and willing to share her extensive knowledge with others. She attributes her success to the wonderful support system she has in her family. From the first time she was introduced to accounting in college, she “was hooked!”
Kim grew up in Columbus, Ohio. She and her husband have also lived in Boston, Dallas and Memphis. She currently resides in Vestavia Hills with her husband, Mark, their two daughters and sweet dog. In her free time, Kim enjoys spending time with family, traveling and walking.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) – Alabama and Ohio
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- ASCPA State and Local Tax Committee
- Bob Jones University Alumni Association
- Miami University – Masters in Accountancy
- Bob Jones University – Bachelor of Science, Accounting