“Treat every client as the #1 client.”
Daniel joined the Barfield, Murphy, Shank & Smith team in 1999 and currently serves as a member of the firm. His responsibilities include managing compilations and reviews, audits, and business valuations. Additionally, Daniel assists clients in developing cash flow forecasts to aid in obtaining financing. He specializes in serving construction, manufacturing, and real estate companies.
Daniel credits his success to his diligence, dependability and conscientiousness. When asked what inspired him to get into accounting, Daniel said, he “wanted to make an impact through something that was a strength [for him].”
Daniel grew up in Guntersville, Alabama. He now resides in Birmingham with his wife, Carrie, and their three adopted children. In his free time, Daniel enjoys sports, music and traveling.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Alabama Society of Certified Public Accountants (ASCPA)
- National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- University of Alabama, Masters of Accountancy, 1999
- Birmingham-Southern College, Bachelor’s 1998